Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nathan and the Amazing Milk!

We actually stunned his pediatrician this morning. In case you don't remember, Nathan was 7 lbs 2 oz at birth. At the time of his hospital release, he was 6 lbs 9 oz. This morning's weight? A full 7 lbs 9 oz!! He has gained an entire pound since coming home! That's almost unheard of. His pediatrician looked at the chart and said, "Oh my gosh....is this correct? What ARE you feeding him??". I guess I just have a happy little eater! His weight gain was so great, the doctor said we didn't even need his normal 2 week checkup. So we don't go back until he's 2 months old. This is a little strange for me, as our last doctor (the one we had for Aiden with Kaiser) scheduled SOOO many checkups during the first year. It felt like we were there every other week. But I am just fine with not having a ton of appointments, especially since I have 2 kids to juggle now.

On another note, my recovery seems to be right on the edge. I'll start to feel better and then I'll just sort of crash again. I was feeling pretty good yesterday, except for a slight headache, so I did some housework. Later that evening, I ended up with some pretty intense blood loss (which shouldn't be happening nearly 10 days after the birth). John nearly made me go to the emergency room, but since it happened just before bed, I was able to rest and stay off my feet all night and it seems to be getting much better. I guess when they say no housework for 2 weeks, they really mean 2 weeks. I'm a little on the tired side today (John thinks from losing blood), so I won't be doing any heavy cleaning.

Oh, it's that time. Off to feed my little piggy again!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Yay for a healthy baby!