Thursday, January 3, 2008

Change in mood

After what was really a good doctor's appointment yesterday and getting some encouraging news, I'm a little puzzled as to why I feel down and frustrated again today. I've made progress and it was progress that I wasn't even expecting to have made. I should be pleased! Maybe I was just hoping that my midwife's "cervical sweep" was actually going to do more than it seems it did. I just spent all day yesterday spotting, cramping, and contracting like mad. Today though....I've had one contraction. I was even woken up multiple times during the night with very intense contractions, but still nothing. If they're going to be so difficult to deal with, I want them to do more! Ok, make that two contractions for the day. Argh.
I guess every little bit that goes by, I start thinking about what might happen if I do have to be induced. I'm sort of afraid of that happening. I know I have another week before I actually need to worry about it, but I almost feel like I'm not doing something right. On the other hand, I guess I can think that I've made such a nice warm home for Nathan that he doesn't want to come out. If I can just convince him that his home out here is pretty nice too.....

No comments: