That's about all I can say to sum up the last 2 days. It's amazing how little extra time I have now to write on here. I'm going to attempt to write this up as both boys finish up a nap.
Yesterday we had to take Nathan into the pediatrician (again) because his left eye was swollen and very goopy. Turns out he has a blocked tear duct and it had gotten infected very quickly. We were given antibiotics to put in his eye 3 times a day for about a week or so. It looked awful, but when we woke up this morning, his eye looked amazingly clear for only one application. There's still goop, but at least it's not swollen shut anymore. I'm supposed to massage the corner of his eye while I nurse him to encourage the duct to open. It annoys him somewhat.
Because of all that, I had to call John out of work early to take us to the doctor and no one got an afternoon nap (except Nathan, who slept in the car). I was exhausted by evening. Aiden fought us like mad over going to bed and about an hour after we put him down, we hear him screaming. He had massively over-eaten at dinner and was now vomiting up the entire contents of his tummy all over his crib. Needless to say, we won't be having broccoli again for a while. He was up until nearly 2:30am throwing up. We were so tired by this point, but didn't feel as though we should leave Aiden sleeping alone since he was still throwing up. We took his mattress and put it on the floor of our room, so we could attend to him quickly if he did need to vomit some more. He slept surprisingly well and I guess we got some rest.
Today, we're all tired and crabby. My morning started out with Nathan projectile pooping on me as I was changing his diaper. Aiden is throwing huge fits over everything and we're attempting to clean up bedding and towels from last night without much success. The apartment looks like a clutter bomb went off and we're running out of clean clothes. I'm not sure how to get a handle on everything when I'm still so tired. Not to mention still in pain from giving birth. I need chocolate.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
I've learned to type one-handed while breast-feeding. Otherwise I may never get to blog. That or I blog the few moments right before he's going to wake up anyways.
Post a Comment