Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's scheduled!

He's welcome to come out any time before hand, but I will definitely have a baby in my arms by next Tuesday. I'm not totally thrilled about being induced at 6:30am (really not a morning person), but I guess it's a light at the end of the pregnancy tunnel. I see my midwife again on Monday just to go over things and then Tuesday is the big day.
I was a full 3cm today, where I was only nearly 3cm last week. So that's some progress. I was still 70% effaced, just like last week. She stripped my membranes again and boy, was that painful this time around. I'm not expecting it to do very much (besides make me crampy again), but I have been feeling kind of weird since I got up this morning. Maybe I'll be surprised.

On another note, I did get an update on my grandma. It turns out that she didn't have a stroke, but has temporal arteritis. I guess it's an inflammatory disease of the blood vessels, mainly in the head. Her sudden blindness is one eye IS permanent, but since they know what they're dealing with, they can start her on corticosteroids and most likely prevent any other damage from being done.

Well, off I go about my day. I'm feeling pretty awful actually, so hopefully Aiden will cooperate at naptime so I can get some rest. I did send John off to work after the appointment, even though he questioned whether or not I could handle things today. I guess I can always call him home if I start feeling really bad. Since I'm feeling cruddy anyway, today would be ideal for giving birth!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Yeah! Light at the end of the tunnel is always good. I'll keep praying that your little guy will make an appearance all on his own. Gracie and I are all recovered from our illnesses, so if you need company, or just want to get out for a while, we'd be happy to drop in. =) Hope your day gets better from here.