It went pretty well. Nathan is gaining weight quite well and is having plenty of wet and poopy diapers. He was 6 lbs, 9 oz when he was discharged from the hospital 2 days ago. At the appt this morning, he was up to 6 lbs, 13 oz.
I've been fairly engorged since my milk came in yesterday, so we were having some latch issues. Turns out, I've been positioning him like I did with Aiden when Aiden was around a year old. I didn't think I'd forgotten how to position a newborn, but I guess so! She was really helpful in relieving the pain during latching.
Funny thing though - to relieve some of the swelling from engorgement, she put frozen newborn diapers on me! Turns out if you run water over 4 newborn diapers, freeze them, and then put 2 on each breast, it really brings the swelling down! And they are reusable, so it won't make you run though expensive diapers any more than you already do. Except now if someone comes over and looks in my freezer, they're going to think I've lost my mind! LOL!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
lol, never would have thought of that!
Post a Comment