Wednesday, January 30, 2008

It's only Wednesday

This week is taking forever. But I know it's because my Monday and Tuesday felt about 30 hours long - each. John had class on Monday, so he was gone until 10pm. And then yesterday, he made it home for dinner but then had a meeting at the church at 7pm. This wasn't supposed to be a problem, but it turned out to be a big one. The meeting was for some woodworking project for our upcoming church retreat (in 10 days). We figured the meeting would last no more than an hour or so, then John would stop by the store and head home - in time to get Aiden bathed and in bed. He didn't walk in the door until almost 11pm. This means Aiden didn't get a bath and I had to keep him up until John got home because if I had tried to put him to bed without Daddy, he would have given me the biggest fight in all of creation. He had already been so naughty while John was gone....by the time he got home, I had a huge headache, my back felt like it was about to fall apart, and I was crying. I was so angry at the fact that the meeting had gone on THAT long, when everyone knows full well that he has a 2 week old baby at home and I'm still having some recovery issues (a little hormonal still? I think so). Then he tells me that they spent all that time trying to figure out this project and in the end, there was still no plan and they don't know what they're doing. I asked him, "So this meeting was essentially pointless?". He replies, "Yes". That didn't help to take away any anger I had, irrational or not.

I'm just tired and I feel horrible. For the last 3 days, it's taken until 10pm for me to realize that I forgot to brush my teeth that day. Not that I had really done anything else to get myself ready. Honestly, you could take a picture of me and use it for a very effective "Say No To Drugs" poster campaign. That's how bad I look. Then again, it might be really effective for a high school abstinence campaign too. When we were planning this pregnancy, I kept telling myself that no matter what, I would continue to take care of myself and make myself feel pretty after the baby came. HA! I haven't been out of PJs since Sunday! It's just such a huge difference between one and two children.

Time for baby to eat again. I keep trying to get around to posting more pictures of him on here, so hopefully I can get to that today. But don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Sorry to hear things are rough right now. I'm sure your little family will find it's groove soon.

Peace to you.

"Spite" said...

I so know how you feel. I have 3 kids now a fairly new dog. Between the dig and the baby, sometimes it feels like I have twins. The dog will watch me intensely in the middle of the freezing night and as soon as I lay the baby down she jumps all over me to take her outside. Living in an apartment is beginning to be a hassle! I need a house with a doggie-door! As for getting dressed... I manage to get that far by at least noon, but I keep getting thrown-up on :( You're doing just fine. No one should expect more of of you right now! Especially breast-feeding, it's so much more demanding and time consuming! Kudos to you.