Thankfully I didn't go into labor while John was at class, but we still have Thursday to worry about. I did start having some contractions while he was gone (of course!), but they never got any closer than 10 minutes apart and were down to once every half hour by the time he got home. John was going to try to drop that class, but his advisor (who also happens to be his professor) thinks it's in his best interest to take it. So he will actually have to be gone 2 evenings a week and some Saturdays for this term. I guess I can deal.
Aiden actually went to bed last night without complaining!! No crying, no tantrums, no throwing punches at daddy....and he slept all night! Thank you Lord! I just hope it keeps up. I need the sleep. He did refuse to take his nap again yesterday though, so we're still going to have to work on that.
I have an appointment with my midwife in the morning, during which we will plan my induction. She may make me wait until I've actually reached my due date (Sunday), but I am sort of hoping she'll be open to breaking my water before the weekend. Last week, she sounded open to inducing any time if I ended up making it to the appointment tomorrow. I really don't want to have to go on a pitocin drip, since that will basically guarantee an epidural (I can't stand needles!!!). I'll let you all know how it goes.
On a bit of a sad note, I got a call from my dad last night letting me know that my grandma (his mom) had suffered a stroke. She was staying the night in the hospital, but it sounds like she's basically OK, except that she has lost most vision in one eye. I didn't get many more details, so I don't know if they're thinking that it's permanent damage or if it's something that can be corrected. Hopefully I'll hear more soon.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Hey Carrie -
I have a bag of Huggies (newborn size) that didn't work for Gracie's skinny legs. If you are interested, I am more than happy to donate them to the "diaper Nathan fund." =) If you don't like Huggies, I'll pass them on to another friend having a baby soon.
Let me know. Hope you feel better and have this baby SOON!
Post a Comment