Saturday, January 5, 2008

Guess it wants a break

My body, that is. But you know, it could get a more permanent break by getting the baby OUT, not just by stopping the contractions for half the day. It's getting really hard to not get slightly depressed every morning that I wake up, still pregnant and not feeling at all like I'm about to go into labor. In fact, last night was the first night in over a week that I wasn't woken up by any contractions at all. And I'm actually sad about that, even though it meant that I finally got some sleep. So here I sit, lingering at 3 cm, trying to find ways to keep myself occupied while I wait for this kid to come out.

We did have a pretty fun night last night though. We went to go see Charlie Wilson's War with Brady and Carrie and then headed over to Red Robin for some very chocolately desserts. The movie was absolutely amazing. The acting and the chemistry between everyone, especially Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman, was just fantastic. I highly recommend it. I think I really needed to see something that had a bit of substance to it and this did the trick. I begin to feel like my brain is melting out of my ears after a few days of Elmo and Thomas the Tank Engine.
We ended up staying out a bit later than intended (which meant Aiden didn't go to bed until midnight). Once we went out to dessert, we all just got to talking and really enjoyed getting to know each other a little more - so we lost track of time. I wish we could do that more often, but Brady and Carrie have work and school and John and I have work, school, and children. Time is scarce. But even though both of us couples don't have much time, I do enjoy the fact that we can be very open and honest when we get the chance to have discussions with each other. It makes the time that much better!

Now I'm off to go walk around Target to see if that will get anything going. I'm not holding my breath for it....

No comments: