I am just in disbelief. I can't believe I'm still pregnant. My midwife can't believe I'm still pregnant. She was sure I'd have the baby by the weekend. I guess I can say for sure that I'll have the baby a week from now, but even that may require being induced. I am very thankful that she's open and willing to induce me right after my due date instead of waiting until I'm 42 weeks. I couldn't even begin to think of being pregnant for another 3 weeks......UGH.
The problem now is that this baby has waited long enough, John is going back to class tonight. In Clackamas! He's got classes 2 nights a week, but is talking about dropping one just so he doesn't have to be gone as often with a new baby in the family. But it really worries me that I'll go into labor while he's at class sometime this week. I didn't think I'd have to worry about this.
Another thing that's adding stress is the way Aiden seems to be responding to everything right now. He's been fighting his nap and bedtime like crazy. He didn't take a nap for 2 days in a row, making himself just exhausted by bedtime. But then bedtime comes around and he throws the biggest fit. Going so far as to take swings at John's face when he tries to put him in his crib! He screamed for an hour and a half last night before finally falling asleep, but then woke up around 1am screaming again. I then had to be up with him for close to an hour before he would go back down. It's almost like trying to teach him to go to sleep by himself all over again (which Daddy was the one involved in doing, because Mommy is too sensitive to crying babies...). It's really not something I want to have to deal with right now. I don't want to let a toddler run my life, but I'm too mentally shot to figure out how to get him to stop throwing these bedtime fits. We know there's nothing wrong with him, so letting him scream it out seems to be the best option, but then I'm sitting there in tears myself because hearing him cry like that causes me so much stress.
If you couldn't tell, I'm really struggling with a couple things right now. I would really appreciate some prayers. I don't feel very excited for the baby. Just absolutely exhausted from being big, pregnant, and fighting with a toddler all the time.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
I'll be sure to pray for you today as I sit at my desk and try to be patient with returning college students. This sounds like a very trying time and I hope it passes quickly for you.
Post a Comment