Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Yum....glucose!!

Note the sarcasm there in the title. I had my glucose tolerance test this morning and I guess it went about as well as it can go. At least this time I was able to drink it at home, so I could make as many nasty faces and noises as I pleased. With Aiden, they had to watch me drink it in the doctor's office and then I had to sit around for an hour waiting to get my blood drawn. I didn't have too much sitting around this time, although they nearly missed the window to get the blood sample. I had to remind them that it had been an hour since I'd finished the stuff; they almost forgot me! I would have been so angry if they had forgotten and I would have had to take the stupid test all over again. They'll get the results back in one week, but will only call if I fail. Otherwise, I just get to wait another 2 weeks until my next appointment to have it discussed with me. They're also checking for anemia, which I'm more concerned about actually having. I don't think it's very likely that I have GD.
I also got a flu shot, which didn't hurt too badly at the time, but now my arm is WAY sore. Yay for getting poked twice in the same arm, within 20 minutes of each other. Awesome day for someone afraid of needles!

As a bit of an update on my post yesterday, I'm feeling a little better mood-wise, but I know that my attitude about the "issue" still needs some work. It doesn't directly apply, but I was given a Bible verse that really helped to make me look at why I'm reacting the way I am. Philippians 2:1-11. I guess it's times like this that really brings home the fact that while we may strive to be like Christ, we are still human and are very selfish beings. I may feel affected by the situation, but I need to learn how to approach it with humility and grace. And there's no way I'm going to get there on my own.

No comments: