It was the oddest day. Aiden turned into someone who I don't believe is my child, but maybe I'm wrong. He got into everything he could possibly get into. Stuff that he KNOWS is off-limits. He even climbed John's desk to get to the phone! Not to mention the 15+ temper tantrums he threw today. He had so much energy, but I'm completely baffled as to how he got it. He was put to bed about an hour late last night (we were too lazy to get up off the couch from watching The Office) and then he stayed up until midnight, talking to himself or whatever animals he has in his crib. He then woke up earlier than he normally does and then refused to take a nap this afternoon. I put him down for one, but he sat in his room yelling for nearly 2 hours. I just don't get it. Surprisingly, through all of this, I was able to get a lot of work done. All in all, there wasn't really that much to do. Just a bunch of small projects here and there that went rather quickly.
John got home late from work and once we had dinner, we loaded Aiden into the car to go get food for the birthday party tomorrow. We decided to try Thriftway, because it's closer and we thought MIGHT be a little cheaper than Fred Meyer. I don't know why they have "thrift" in their name - I think we spent more than we would have at Freddy's. It was a little absurd.
Once we got back into the car to go home, we hear Aiden rustling around in the grocery bags. Ok, we'd set them right next to him and he'd be getting into stuff all day, so why would we be surprised? Not a few moments had passed when we hear crunching coming from the backseat! Aiden had gotten out the broccoli and was helping himself to it! At least he chose the veggies and not the marshmallows...
This day was just ever so slightly insane. Yes, I was productive and I don't feel very stressed about tomorrow (unusual for me). So now, I'm going to get ready for bed, take some Benadryl, and wait for it to knock me into unconsciousness.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment