Monday, October 22, 2007

Oh boy

Mondays happen to be the most difficult day of the week in general. I have to adjust to the weekend being over and John going back to work, but on top of it John doesn't come home until nearly 10:30pm. That leaves me with no help all day and I have to put Aiden to bed by myself. This means Aiden doesn't see daddy at all on Mondays, as he doesn't get up until after John leaves for work.
We ended up with a bit of a rough weekend with Aiden and I don't really know why. He was very fussy and nothing much made him happy. At least he behaved himself at grandma's for a while yesterday! But he woke up crying today (not like him at all) and he's been ultra-fussy since then. Again, nothing is making him happy and I just don't know what to do. I can only hope he'll take a nap this afternoon. Maybe that's why he's getting crabbier and crabbier. He's been refusing naps a couple of days a week. He looks so tired all the time, but you can't force a kid to sleep.

Speaking of sleep, I am exhausted beyond belief. I didn't get great sleep for a couple nights, even though I was really tired. I went to bed early last night because I felt like I was about to collapse, but I still ended up laying there for an hour. I finally took a unisom (thank the Lord they are safe during pregnancy!) to help get me to sleep and that seemed to do the trick. I felt like I slept fairly well during the night, but I woke up feeling like I haven't slept in days. As you can imagine, that's making today all the more awesome to deal with. I'll definitely attempt a nap while Aiden is down for his, but I haven't been able to actually nap for about 2 months. My brain just won't shut off.

This last trimester is going to be really hard if things keep going like this. I can only take it one week at a time, but today I'm having to fight to even take it one hour at a time. I'd pray for patience, but I don't know that it's exactly what I need today.

No comments: