Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yet Another Offer

We pulled the Walnut offer yesterday and placed an offer on the new one, Muirfield. It all happened really fast, but we didn't want to waste any time after getting news from our agent that afternoon.

Apparently, the understanding that there were no offers in on it was wrong - there were two. But they have been in long enough that the bank has done all of the work that they need to do regarding appraisals and paperwork involving the short sale. All the bank has to do now is pick an offer and they are expected to do that within the next 30 days. The listing agent was very forthcoming about the current offers in and told us what the highest one was, which meant we were able to put in the highest offer. Obviously, this means that the agent will be forthcoming with everyone else and so there is the chance of it turning into a bidding war, but we will decide how high we're willing to go if that happens.

We made the decision to go ahead and get the offer signed just a few hours later as one of the sellers is in Hawaii and it could take some extra time to get the offer signed before it can be sent to the bank. Hopefully the bank will wait to make the decision until after they have received our paperwork.

Now, we're just waiting again. We'll be notified when the sellers have signed our offer and when the offer has been received by the bank. I do like that we have a time frame for this one and we should know what's going to happen by Halloween. I just really hope that this one is it, because I'm going to be able to sign offers in my sleep if we end up doing this too much longer.

No comments: