We were down to one car on Friday, due to the car that we have been borrowing needed to be worked on a bit. So John went off to work in the morning and then came back home around noon to pick us all up. The plan was for us to drive by his office so he could pick something up for his meeting, then I would drop him off at his meeting, and then take Aiden to school.
So we got to his office and he ran in to get whatever it was that he needed. But when he went in, he turned the car off. When he came back out, the car wouldn't start. One of his co-workers was attempting to help us jump start it, but it wasn't working. As they're trying to jump the car, Aiden keeps saying, "Come on! Let's get to school!". I knew that if he didn't get to school that day (something he'd been talking about for a good two weeks), we were going to have the meltdown of all meltdowns. I was scheduled to work that evening and thought that I'd better warn them that I might not make it, so I called to let them know what was happening. They sounded pretty stressed at the thought of me not coming in.
After about 15 minutes of attempting to jump start it, we got the car started. John called out of his meeting and we decided to drive Aiden to school, have John sit in the car with the engine running while I took Aiden in, and then we'd take it to Les Schwab. So Aiden got to school after all....thank goodness!! We took the car in to get the battery replaced, walked over to Fred Meyer and had a deli lunch while we waited. After getting the car back, I took John back to work and then picked up Aiden from school. He had such a great day and didn't want to leave! So it all worked out in the end (although John got in only about 3-4 hours of work that day) and I was even able to make it to work.
It was just the beginning to a hectic, tiring weekend (I'm including Monday in that as well....), but we are so happy to have Aiden back at school and he is enjoying himself even more than last year. Here's his first day back to school photo. I think he looks so happy and you can kind of tell in the picture that he wouldn't stand still! He picked out his own school outfit for the day. :^)



No comments:
Post a Comment