Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Walnut House Update

We received news on our house offer this morning.

After the sellers signed our offer to send it off to the bank, the bank informed them that they needed to choose just one offer to send in and not all three (yes, yet another offer has been put down on the house). They chose the first offer that was put in just before ours. Apparently just because the down payment was a little bigger. Ours is still considered a back-up offer, but it looks like we won't be the ones to get the house, unless the bank decides to pick ours randomly.

Not great news and I guess I was expecting something like this because I didn't get myself attached to this home like I did the last one. There's so much frustration surrounding this in general, I feel like I need to cry, but nothing's coming.

Between getting derailed by the layoff this past spring and having to deal with on-going bidding wars on every house we're interested in, house hunting is causing me more stress than I ever expected. We'll be choosing some more homes to view and will hopefully get back out there by this weekend.

No comments: