Wednesday, September 9, 2009

An Update on Walnut House

We received an email from our agent this afternoon with some interesting news. Wouldn't you know that an offer was put in last night for the house we want? (I'll be referring to it as the Walnut House for future reference) But the listing agent said that if we were really going to be putting an offer in, he would wait to send any offers into the bank and would submit ours along with the other one to give us a fair chance. So that's nice of him and definitely appreciated.

We don't have information on what the other offer is at this time (hopefully we can find out before Saturday), so we will need to play with what our offer is going to include (closing costs, appliances, etc). Because this is a case of the owners losing their home to the bank, it's going to take a while. The listing agent expects "at least 45-60 days" to get an answer. So it looks like we're still going to be apartment dwellers for quite a while as we wait for this. Obviously, since it's going to be that long, we will continue to keep an eye out for homes that go on the market. Especially since there's no telling which offer will be accepted.

Ah, the stress of this is just amazing. And I just realized that if it takes 45-60 days to get an answer and our offer gets accepted, after the inspections and closing and all that, we would be moving right around Christmas. Oh yuck. But I will try to look on the bright side of all of this and continue to hope for great news as we move this along.

No comments: