I am so ready for Aiden to go back to school and I think he is too. I suppose I should be lucky that we didn't hit what I like to call the "summer wall" until two weeks before school is scheduled to start. We could have hit it halfway through the summer, but I think signing him up for three summer day camps at school over July and August helped us tremendously.
I just can't keep him occupied enough throughout the day. This is how I imagine John was like as a kid. I'm going to need to come up with some creative activities to get us through the last summer week.
I went to Aiden's school orientation last night and I definitely felt a lot more comfortable this year. I actually knew people and I felt more open to volunteering my time for things. Last year, as we were getting comfortable with the school, I just did the basics: parent helping in the class twice a month (you get a discount off the tuition), having a support job (every parent is required to do one or you have to "buy out" of it), and attending the annual auction. This year, I'm still parent helping since our discount is bigger due to increased tuition cost (Aiden is moving from twice a week to three times a week and adding an extra 15 minutes per school day), I'm planning on having my same support job (working with the school newsletter team editing, proofreading, and writing an occasional article), and I also indicated interest in working with the auction planning team for this year's auction or with the school development team in helping with general planning for fundraising. I'm excited to branch out a little!
So Aiden starts back next Friday and he has already been wearing his backpack around the apartment for a few days. He was supposed to start back next Wednesday, but they ended up with a big enough class that they wanted to split their start days up, so the teacher could spend a little more time getting to know each child. And because our last name begins with a letter after 'L', we got bumped to Friday. I'm sure waiting two days won't push us over the edge. :^)
The boys have been fighting non-stop and when they're not fighting, they're running around in circles screaming. I've tried all our usual little activities and they want nothing to do with them. Aiden decides to make his own activities sometimes....as I type, he has poured water on their kid table from IKEA and has made his own water table (there's a bit of a raised edge on their table so the water stays on instead of dripping directly to the floor). I'm thinking that maybe we'll make flubber today. I've got to do something with these crazy little boys!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment