I went into my children's room this morning to find the above disaster. I think we can attribute this to the fact that we took the side off of Nathan's crib. He is now able to roam free once he wakes up and can help Aiden in any sort of mess making that strikes their fancy. But what you can't see in this picture is the poop smeared in various places. Yes, the poop moment that happens to every parent decided to rear it's ugly head this morning. I'm pretty sure we've dealt with poop smearing moments before, but I've blocked them all out of my memory.
At first, Aiden started blaming it on Nathan and was pointing out all the places where the poo had ended up. Thanks, Aiden....that really doesn't help mommy emotionally at all. Then I asked him whose poo it was. "Well, it's my poop, mommy." Great. Then Aiden got upset because I screwed up his typical morning routine by making them both get immediately into the bath. They are used to being night bathers and it bothers Aiden if that changes.
For now, their bedroom door is locked and I will tackle it as soon as I have finished eating and feel adequately prepared. At least Aiden and Nathan are clean for now. It looks like bleach will be my best friend today.



No comments:
Post a Comment