I just returned from the busiest day I've had at work so far. This was my 3rd day in a row working and all while sick (not a great idea, I know - but I feel like I'm too new and it would make me look bad to call out). Today was crazy! By the end of the day, the store had been worked over like we were giving the shoes away for free!
I had a small shift, since I only work evenings during the week, and my first two hours just flew by. I was shocked when I checked the time once things died down. I honestly thought it had been about 30 minutes, but it was a full two hours.
Thursday is the day the store gets the new shipment in for the week, so even though there were two of us working, the other girl had to spend time processing the new shoes (since I have no idea how to do that yet), so I was left to attend to the customers and ring up purchases. I did it, and with no mistakes, but it was mindboggling. Our daily sales totals have been between $500 - $600. Today, the ending total was $1200. And the big BOGO sale hasn't even started yet....
There were NO customers in the last 45 minutes that the store was open, which was fine because I had a lot to do to help close. I spent that time organizing the racks (called flipping the store), which had been totally worked over, like I said, vacuuming, preparing the garbage, taking the garbage out, and taking the broken down shipment boxes out. It's a little scary to do the garbage and boxes just because it's so dark out there.
Yikes. Long day...my feet hurt....my throat still hurts....and I'm very very tired. I realized how much it stinks to not spend any time with John once he gets home. He got home, I told him what he needed to do with the dinner in the slow cooker, I kissed the kids and left. It was the first night we'd given each other a sad look as I walked out the door. I guess three nights in a row will do that. Thankfully, I have tomorrow off and then I only work for two hours on Saturday, but the rest of my weekend is free (but I am on call for Sunday). I'm looking forward to the time at home and hopefully we'll all be feeling better.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment