Monday, February 16, 2009

Aiden, again.

We have been having continued success about once a day on the potty training, which is fantastic! I love that he finally decided on his own that he was ready and was going to do it. I was stressing out about preschool next fall, because they require the kids to be potty trained for the class he's going into. I was almost convinced we'd have to fib on his potty status!
But now that he's going to the bathroom regularly, he's becoming more and more interested on how his body works. This was our conversation today:

Aiden: "Where does poo-poo come from?"
Me: "Poo-poo comes from your bottom."
Aiden: "You're crazy."

John believes that Aiden was wanting a more complex answer than the one I gave him, so he requested a children's potty training book from the library called 'What Happens To A Hamburger?'. I suppose we'll give it a try...

Aiden also caused a bit of a scene in Target this afternoon, but thankfully it has nothing to do with bathrooms and bodily questions. He had initially protested getting into the cart, but I told him that if he rode in the cart and behaved for me, we'd see about getting some Goldfish crackers. He behaved for the duration of the shopping trip and so we picked out some Goldfish crackers. Aiden likes to hold up whatever item he has attached himself to, so that the cashier can scan it while still in Aiden's hands. Aiden did this and I told him that he'd done a good job and the Goldfish crackers were now his. Aiden responded with the following:

"Oh, thank you, mommy! This is the best birthday EVER! I love you so much! You're my very best friend!"

I tried to shush him a bit because the cashier and mothers around me were looking at me as though I were a horrible person for only buying my child Goldfish crackers on his birthday. Of course they had no clue that it is still about 7 months out from his birthday and he was just being strange, but it certainly made me look bad. I told John once he got home from work and he laughed so hard, he cried.

Aiden has certainly been giving me quite a few good stories for when he gets older!

No comments: