After countless dry runs and little reminders to try to get Aiden to begin using the potty, we had success today!!! I was preparing the slow cooker for dinner and Aiden comes up and says, "Poopoo needs to go in the potty". Now, more often than not, he says this after he's already gone in his pants, so I just grabbed a diaper and the wipes and went to work on changing him. I took his diaper off to see that there was no poo yet, so I thought that maybe he really did need to go. So we sat on the potty and I sang a little potty song....after about a minute, I hear the sounds of our first success on the potty!! I clapped and cheered and laughed and Aiden thought it was great for me to make such a fuss about going poo! We finished things up, washed our hands, and he was treated to a little piece of chocolate for a job well done. Then we called daddy and told him the good news.
Hopefully this is the true beginning on going on the potty regularly. I had a feeling that we were getting close, but boys can take so long, I wasn't sure when things were really going to set for him. I'm so unbelievably happy right now and I'm so excited to get him out of diapers! Who knew poo could cause such happiness?
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
That's really great news! Diapers are the pits! :)
Post a Comment