Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You know it's love when....

When your husband really had every right to tell you to go sleep on the couch, but didn't.....he must love you a lot.

The insomnia has kicked in. When it kicked in while I was pregnant with Aiden, I had him 2-3 weeks later. So if the last pregnancy is any indication, I don't have too much longer to go. But for now, I'm annoying the life out of my poor husband. Last night was really bad. I kept flopping over from my left to my right....back to my left....onto my back....well, as much as a large pregnant lady can flop. And then I kept making really snarky comments about odd things that I can't even remember now. All while poor John was trying to sleep.
After I made some slightly rude comment about this being HIS fault, he said, "Well, I'll be working late tomorrow evening". I asked, "Because I'm cranky?". He responded with a very sarcastic-sounding, "Yeah!".

He asked if I'd taken any Unisom and I said I didn't want to, since I'd taken some the night before. Finally after an hour or so, I said a small curse under my breath (no judging - I was extremely tired and irritable!) and took one tablet. John laughed at me as I went stomping to the medicine cabinet to retrieve it, but it was probably more out of relief that he was finally going to get some rest rather than him actually thinking I was funny.

I did eventually get some fairly good sleep, but I hate having to rely on any sort of meds (as safe as they say they are during pregnancy) in order to get any sleep. I think John is now as ready for this baby to come out as I am. Poor guy. At least I know he loves me!

No comments: