After tonight, John is officially done with this semester. His last final starts at 5:30pm and hopefully he'll be home much earlier than normal for Thursdays. I have been looking forward to this point for weeks. I'm amazed we made it through this term as well as we did. It's definitely time for it to end. Physically and mentally, I'm just about shot. Evenings are slightly difficult anyway, but with John not here 3 nights a week....they got really difficult. I usually end up with a lot of painful contractions in the evening, and it's also when I start to feel really exhausted. Aiden also likes to choose this time to throw some tantrums. It took all I had some nights to refrain from sticking Aiden in front of the TV all evening while I sat like a lump on the couch. But I won't lie, it did happen sometimes.
I am so happy to have reached today. I no longer have to dread Mondays, which will make my weekends much more enjoyable. I named them "Single Mom Mondays", because I was on my own from 8am to 10:30pm. Aiden didn't see John at all these days and I had to put him to bed by myself (not easy to do when he's used to Daddy being there at bedtime). I am looking forward to our evenings being open and hoping that I won't be quite so cranky anymore. :^)
The remainder of this month should be pretty enjoyable. We have a few things lined up to look forward to (John's company Christmas party - Aiden gets to stay the night with grandma!), we will approach our Christmas shopping leisurely, and we have a small pregnancy timeline to keep us focused. A few doctors appointments and a reminder that I am full term on December 23.
A huge source of stress ends tonight. It's almost unbelievable. I can finally feel like I can fully enjoy the holidays. If I can just keep from wondering how difficult next term might be.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Yippee for finished semesters and time off for the holidays!! I love reading your blog, Carrie. You write so well (and honestly and easity) that this is a good way for me to get to know my niece and my great-nephew.
Post a Comment