I decided to do some Christmas shopping by myself Saturday afternoon. I hadn't been out by my lonesome in a while and John detests busy shopping areas, so it was a good chance to wander leisurely around Target. Traffic was horrible, but I was on no particular schedule, so I was able to keep from stressing out too much (even when I got honked at by the car behind me for correctly waiting to make a left turn instead of driving right into oncoming traffic and even when some guy, who was supposed to be yielding to oncoming traffic (me), turned right in front of me and almost took off the front of my car). Serenity now....
During my walk around Target, I began to get some contractions. Nothing too horrible, just what I would expect from being on my feet for about an hour. Once I got home, they started to pick up and get more intense. They didn't change when I rested, but they were very irregular, so I didn't feel like bothering the midwife on call (it IS a weekend, after all). I tried to stay off my feet for most of the evening and let John talk me into watching the first 2 hours of Schindler's List (not something to watch while pregnant and emotional, by the way).
We stayed home from church, as the contractions were still there and John didn't want me "overdoing it". They've slowed down some, but are still around now. Along with them, I have increasing pelvic pressure and almost constant low backache. Basically, the literature that my midwife has given me and my pregnancy books all say that I am in pre-labor. YAY! I really am excited about it, but they also say that pre-labor can show up anywhere from a few hours to a whole month before labor starts. So I guess I can't get too excited. And I suppose it really does need to wait about 2 weeks until I'm 37 weeks along and considered full-term. Everything else is ready though.
Now, I just need to get up the emotional strength to finish watching Schindler's List. Only an hour and 20 minutes left of it..... And the movie that's planned for after we finish that one? Spartacus. Happy, happy Christmas movies!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
Haven't you guys ever heard of Elf, A Christmas Story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown... you really need to lighten up the mood around there. I think the song goes, "have a holly jolly Christmas." Not, "have a gloomy, depressing Christmas." =)
Post a Comment