I am full term today. Whew. I wasn't so sure I was going to make it through last week; my body was doing such odd things. But now I'm here and allowed to go at any time, so I don't have to be concerned about laying down and trying to get contractions to stop once they get started. Still wanting to make it through Tuesday, but it's feeling a little more do-able than it did a week ago. I'm really, really ready for this.
At church today, I told a few people how I would like to get past Tuesday before this baby shows up. All of the reactions were them standing back, looking at my stomach, and saying, "Ummm....I dunno if you can wait....". Great. Words of encouragement right there! I know I look like I'm about to pop (and I guess I kind of am about to!), but probably I have another week or so before it's go time. John keeps joking about how I feel like I'm going to go at any point, but watch me go past my due date. No thank you. If I've reached my due date, I'm telling my midwife to just break my water. I'm too tiny, there's no way I want to go past and have him get any bigger than he needs to be!
We had John's company Christmas party last Monday and we got some photos of me all dressed up with my big tummy. I'll try to post them soon. For now, I have to go give into the utter exhaustion that's been taking over for the past 4 nights. I guess my body is just trying to get me all rested and prepared, but it would be nice if it didn't hit me all of a sudden!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment