I am allowed to go into labor in just over one week! YES!
I had an appointment today (with a fantastic midwife, by the way) and everything looked so good. We read over my birth plan, which she said was awesome and she would be sending it over to the hospital today to be placed in my file. Weight is good (only 2 more pounds to go before I hit my target weight!), baby's heartbeat was great. Listening to the baby's heartbeat was really an adorable part of the day. Aiden recognized the doppler immediately and was very eager for her to put it to my belly. Once the heartbeat sound started, Aiden started dancing to it! After we got in the car, I asked him what the baby sounds like and he said, "Woosh! Woosh! Woosh!". Too cute!
The really great part about the appointment was asking if she could check for any possible dilation and effacement. I've been having crazy contractions and pelvic pressure for the past week, so I wanted to see if it was doing anything. She said the baby was engaging in the pelvis and that I was 1 cm dilated and beginning to efface. Basically, things are beginning to happen but she can't give me a good idea as to when it might happen. She told me just to make sure I was getting enough rest and be prepared for any time once I hit 37 weeks.
Today was good for me. I finally just feel excited instead of horribly impatient! I'm hoping I'll finally get some good sleep tonight. I had a lot of questions come up since my last appointment and I think they had begun to stress me out. I ache and I'm sleepy, but it's the good kind. Nothing a long soak in a warm bath and cuddling up under clean sheets won't fix.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment