Friday, March 18, 2011

USGS

Aiden has been on a learning high lately and we can't seem to get him library books fast enough, so I taught him how to use the internet on my laptop. That way, he could look up whatever he wanted (I started him out on the NASA website) at the table while I made dinner. After he was done navigating NASA, I introduced him to Google so he could do some searching. And yes, his spelling is to the point where he can type up what he wants with no problem. After about an hour, he said he was done and closed up my laptop. After dinner, I opened it up again and saw the website that he had left up. He had navigated himself to the US Geological Survey website and was looking up information on the earth's core and tectonic plates. I asked him why he was interested in that and he said that he "wanted to know more about how the earthquake happened in Japan". I am in awe of my five year old.

In case you want to see for yourself, here's the website he was reading:

http://pubs.usgs.gov/gip/dynamic/inside.html

No comments: