Sunday, March 13, 2011

STOMP

John and I had the opportunity to get tickets through a friend of mine to STOMP while the show was in town this weekend. We'd never seen it, but heard much about it, so we decided it would be a fun thing to see. We loved it! It's definitely loud, but the energy is amazing and watching people create music out of everyday objects like trash cans, brooms, and buckets was quite the experience. There was quite a bit of physical comedy as well. It's very much a family oriented show and now that I've seen it, I think Aiden would love it. In fact, I kind of wish we would have gotten a ticket for him. But now I know that if they come to town again, I'll make a point to take him.

If you've never seen it (and aren't bothered by loud noises), I'd highly recommend it. It's not your usual stage show and it's super fun to watch. It's extremely physical and it's easy to see why all the performers have huge arm muscles. For a little taste of STOMP, here's two links to a bit of the show's DVD.

Brooms (how they started the show):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-_mUAhzhkg

Trash Can Finale:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu15Ou-jKM0

No comments: