Well, it didn't feel like much of a day off after all. I am extremely happy that I didn't have to go into work, but I'm totally pooped.
Nathan flipped out when I handed him to the baby sitter. Poor kid. He can't seem to get a full day with mommy. We started out alright in Aiden's class, but he quickly began acting like a full-blown three year old. The really nice thing was that ALL the little boys were acting like three year olds! I had to take a Tylenol break halfway through the day. I also didn't get to eat anything all day besides the small snack we gave the class. The kids absolutely destroyed the classroom and I was the only scheduled parent helper today, so cleaning up took close to an hour. Once I was finally finished, I rushed out to get Nathan and then headed quickly to the meeting with the realtor. I was 15 minutes late, but John was already there, so it's not like the agent was just sitting around waiting.
We met at the house we're interested in, just to take another look at it and make sure there wasn't something we'd missed or anything we wanted to add to the offer as a requirement for purchasing. Aiden decided on "his" room, so I guess he likes the place. :^)
Once we were done there, we all went back to the real estate office to put together the offer. The agent was great and had toys and coloring books for the kids. And coffee for me. It took about an hour and a half and the boys weren't the easiest to deal with, but we made it through with minimal complaining. I'm afraid we didn't seem very excited about putting an offer down. John has a horrible chest cold (and has already called out of work for tomorrow), I was exhausted and starving, Nathan doesn't feel well (we think the ear infection may have rejected the antibiotics), and Aiden was acting like he had all day. Once we were finished, John and I gave in and did the fast food thing for dinner. It was 7pm at that point and I hadn't eaten a full meal all day.
So the offer is in and now we wait. We could hear something within a few days or we could never hear a word. It is ultimately up to the bank that is in charge of the sale (it's a short sale) and they could decide to just not respond and let it go to auction. The auction date is April 10, so we will know by then. Part of me is pretty convinced they're not going to accept our offer, as it's pretty below what they were asking. We did offer current fair market value for it, but that might not mean anything to them. Short sales are horribly complicated and are known to be extremely frustrating for anyone putting an offer down. There are so many short sales out there right now though, it's going to be hard to find a home in our price range that isn't a short sale.
I will try to be as patient as I can. One thing I've always had a problem with (and I've said this many times before) is learning how to let go and leave it to God. I cannot control what the bank decides and I will have to wait for our answer. If we are meant to have this place as our home, it will happen. And if we're not meant to be there, then it won't happen. I'm not saying I won't feel disappointed or even angry, but I can use this to continue learning on how to leave it all to God.
I will certainly update when I hear something about our offer. Thank you for the continued prayer on this huge step that we're taking.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment