I am half way through a 6 day work week. It was only supposed to be a 5 day work week, but another store called and needed a shift covered, so I agreed. It's been quite challenging this week to keep myself lifted in spirits. I got home from work on Sunday right before the boys' bedtime, and then immediately needed to clean to make the place livable. It wasn't a problem, but as I finished, I nearly cried. It hit me that I had just spent my shift cleaning up after people and vacuuming. I then came home and did the exact same thing. At least I'm good at it.
Today is quite hard on John and I as a couple. He came home from work, I left for work, then came home, and he left to go back to work. They are apparently quite busy, but it doesn't leave much time for us to see each other. I work for the next two days, then have Friday off, but work again on Saturday. The boys have been very....active this week and I'm extremely tired. It doesn't help that there are a lot of emotional stresses right now.
One of the big decisions that we were discussing was about my job. An opportunity came up for me to go full time and we needed to consider it. Did I want to accept a full time schedule and arrange childcare with a lady from church? Or should I just stay part time and accept some extra shifts when needed? There was a lot to consider financially and emotionally. Part of me wanted to go ahead. I mean, the economy isn't great and if I have the chance to bring as much income into the family as possible, I should take that chance. But then a part of me wanted to decline. The boys are still so young and while Aiden is pretty independent, Nathan is very much a mommy's boy and has been having some trouble adjusting to me working. I spent many nights not sleeping because of this decision. I finally spoke to my boss yesterday and we discussed some options and I also got her feelings on the issue. In the end, I decided to stay part time, but will go a little heavy on the hours on weekends. So that's one decision down, but we still have the big one looming over us. I should be able to post about it by the weekend. There's nothing really preventing me from talking about it; it's just a personal decision.
Thanks for the prayers. We definitely still need them, so keep 'em coming! :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment