Monday, March 16, 2009

The next step

I heard from our real estate agent this afternoon and at the time, I was feeling a little discouraged about the home we had viewed, so I wasn't expecting good news.

The bank decided to push the auction date to mid-April, so the home is still on the market. There were a few other calls about it from other home buyers over the weekend, but no offers yet. So his recommendation to us was this: If you want it, we need to get an offer in right away.
So I called John to see what his opinion of the home was and if that was something he wanted to do. I already knew that I loved it and was interested in taking it to the next step, but obviously I'm not going to make that kind of decision without making sure my husband feels the same way. Luckily for me, he does feel the same way.

So we're putting an offer on a house! I'm scared and excited and I have no idea what to expect. Obviously, a better offer could stomp all over ours and we're back to square one, but I'll deal with that if and when it happens. Since it is a short sale, it could take a while to hear back about our offer, but the good thing is that they will decide before the auction date in April, so we know that we'll know by then. I can wait a month to find out, right? :^/

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update to all of you before I go get ready for work. Thanks for all the prayers!!

No comments: