I may have mentioned about two weeks ago that I took Nathan in to the pediatrician because he'd had a massively runny nose for 6-8 weeks. Turned out he had an ear infection (plus pus!) in one ear, so we were given a prescription for amoxicillin and we went on our way.
Well, 3-4 days into the antibiotic, his nose cleared up. I was so happy!! Nearly two months of a runny nose will really make you hate snot. Then, on the last day of his dosing schedule, his nose stuffed up again and was just as runny as before. I figured I'd give it a few days, but he developed a really bad cough and was beginning to get fevers whenever he slept. So, we headed back to the pediatrician this afternoon.
Our wonderful pediatrician is just so fantastic with Nathan (thank you again, Hannah!) and Nathan really likes him, so the exams are pretty easy for everyone involved. He checked his ears again and found that the ear infection hadn't gone away at all and was now in BOTH ears, along with lots more pus. There's also the whole respiratory thing going on now, and the fever....so we have to watch him carefully. He gave us another antibiotic, but this one is supposed to be stronger and work much faster than the amoxicillin. Hopefully, we'll see improvement within 48 hours.
I would love to have him get better. I'm beginning to feel like I'm doing something wrong because he just keeps getting worse. Sleep has been hard to get over the past few nights since he began coughing so much. I was up until 2am, just listening to him cough and cough. I went in his room a few times to see if I could make him more comfortable, but there's not much I can do. And of course, John is now sick and his congestion takes his normal snoring to the next level. I spent most of the night on the couch and when I couldn't get comfortable on the couch any longer, I went back to bed wearing ear plugs. John thought it was super funny when he woke up to that this morning, but I was sore and exhausted (our couch is NOT comfy!) and didn't think it was that hilarious.
On the bright side, I have the day off tomorrow and am planning on spending the entire day at home (Lord willing). I am going to make myself very happy and do lots and lots of organizing. I also have some cute kid things to share, so hopefully I'll be able to write those up on here tomorrow. Let's hope I can get some sleep tonight to make tomorrow even better!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment