Today was meant to be spent going to church and then heading down to Newberg for a fun afternoon with John's grandparents. We didn't end up making it to church, as I completely zonked from my long work week and couldn't get myself to wake up. I decided that it's a sign I'm working too much when my dreams are nothing but visualizing a shift. Any dream I had last night was like that! And nothing interesting happened in them either. I would clean up the shoes....help a customer....check on the status of a certain shoe for another store...help another customer....clean up the shoes again... Not cool.
We made it down to Newberg to have lunch with John's grandparents and as we were walking into the dining hall, my cell phone rang. It was work. Now, I was supposed to have today through Tuesday off, so I knew it wasn't that I had forgotten about being scheduled. So I left it alone and enjoyed my lunch. After lunch, we decided to take the boys to a park, so we all headed out to our cars to drive over there. As we were heading out to the cars, my phone rang again. I finally listened to the message and it was my manager, sounding very frazzled and upset, asking if I could PLEASE come in to help close, as the girl who was scheduled to help had just quit. Since that wasn't until later and she sounded very desperate, I decided we could get back to Hillsboro in time and said yes. We continued our fun at the park and after about an hour, it began to rain, so we loaded up the boys. Two huge temper tantrums later (words cannot describe it, so I won't try!), we were on our way home.
Once we got home, I grabbed my work pants and began to put them on. Nathan saw this and pooched his little bottom lip out at me. I continued to put on my work pants and Nathan burst into tears. Poor kid. I got him calmed down before I left, but it's obvious now that he is very aware of what those black dress pants mean.
I got to work and found out that the quitting had not happened gracefully, including shouting and cursing in front of customers, and the girl's mom showing up and threatening the manager. My poor manager was still pretty shaken and hadn't a meal break since opening, so I took over for a bit. We closed without any further incidents, although she called for a security escort out to our cars just in case.
It was a crazy, unexpected start to the week and while I had to give up one of my days off (after 6 days of working), I don't feel very stressed. I'm just quite tired still from last week and I am scheduled to parent help in Aiden's class tomorrow. While I don't work as many days this week as I did last week, I work one more hour than I did last week. Hopefully since it won't be broken up into so many days, I might be able to escape with minimal exhaustion, but that may be wishful thinking. At least I enjoy my workplace and my co-workers. Oh yes, a little update of sorts...I've learned things so quickly, I'm already getting advanced to the next level of getting to open and close the store by myself. After just six weeks! Normally it takes a few months, so my manager is pretty pleased that she can rely on me for that type of responsibility if needed. Yay for me!
Alright, off to bed. And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about updating on the big ol' decision I've been going on about. There's a little more talking that needs to be done, but it will be this week. I promise. :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment