I know quite a few people right now who are pregnant, an unusual amount actually. One of them, a family friend who I've known since I was four, had her second child today. A very happy experience. But quite literally at the exact same time that this friend of mine was giving birth to her baby, another friend of mine was losing her unborn child. At the exact same time. I know this happens around the world every day - life and death at the same time. But it's not something I've experienced until today. I'm overjoyed for one friend and my heart is breaking for another.
These two friends don't know each other and I will never make them aware of the unusual timing of their two respective events, but oddly enough, this is something I have to process for myself. Why should one get to experience the joy of having a child while the other does not? It's the reminder that life isn't always fair and what came to mind was this:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-4 (King James Version)
To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
If you think of it, keep these two women in your thoughts prayers today. For one, that her grief and recovery will be brief. And for the other, that her and her child remain healthy as they adjust to life together.



1 comment:
Reminds me of The Bryds song "Turn Turn Turn." It's word for word what that bible verse is
Post a Comment