My initial feeling was that I shouldn't try for it because I haven't even started the certification program yet, but after going over the requirements for the job, I realized that I am actually qualified to do everything they need. I don't have the certification, but that wasn't a requirement, just a plus. I spent a good portion of today revising my resume (which hadn't been updated since before Payless) and writing up a cover letter. I put more effort into making them attractive than I ever have before. This is the first time I've ever applied for something that I was sure I wanted to do for the rest of my life and it felt so different than applying for a basic retail job.
John joked that I quit my higher paying job to look for a lower paying job. And that may be true, but at least it's in my desired field. I don't know that I'll even be considered for an interview and I am quite aware that I will probably not be the most qualified applicant for the job. But I'm taking a huge step here for myself and applying, because I'd kick myself forever if I didn't go for it. They are supposed to start contacting applicants after October 19th. I would love this, but I know that it will only happen if it's meant to be right now.




1 comment:
How exciting!! So glad you went for it and applied! Can't wait to hear all about it WHEN you get an interview! :)
Post a Comment