A few weeks ago, the power cord to my laptop suddenly stopped working. John couldn't fix it, so we had to order a new one. Not a huge replacement expense, but annoying to be without my computer for two weeks - especially when everything I need for my parent rep job at the boys' school and all my files for the church bazaar on on my computer. Boo. Anyway, the new power cord arrived and all has been well since then. Until yesterday.
I had put in the first of MANY loads of laundry that needed to be done (I have boys and will do multiple loads of laundry every day for the next 15 years). After a while I went back upstairs to the laundry room to put those clothes in the dryer and start on the next load. But I opened the washer and found it full of soapy clothes and water. I tried restarting it, made it sure the cats hadn't unplugged it somehow, switched it back and forth between different cycles.....nothing.
Once John got home, he took the whole thing apart (yay for being married to a mechanical engineer!) and found the problem. Unfortunately for us, it's not a fixable problem. The washing machine is dead. The joys of home ownership are upon us. There's no calling maintenance to bring us a new one within 24 hours this time around.
We'll go appliance shopping on Saturday. Until then, I suppose I can wash our clothes in the sink. I'm sure I'll have a very good idea why the washing machine was created by the time we get a new one.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
You can always come use my washer... we do multiple loads a day, but I never mind having an excuse to put it off for a day (or two). Let me know.
Post a Comment