Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bad Hair Day

About 2 1/2 hours after the boys were put to bed, I heard Nathan yelling for me. It seemed urgent. So I went into the boys' room and asked him what was wrong.

"I'm having a bad hair day."

Really? That's what was so urgent? And his hair looked perfectly fine.

I said, "Nathan, two year olds don't really have bad hair days".

He says, "Um, I'm three".

"Um, you're two," I told him.

He gives me a smile and says, "Nope, I'm three. Because three year olds have bad hair days".

This is not an 11pm conversation. But it was hard to be mad at him because as I was laying him back down in his bed, he says, "Mommy, can I hold you for a while?".

I'll let him have all the bad hair days in the world for sweet requests like that.

No comments: