Our Aiden bug turned five yesterday and I have to wonder where the last five years went. I don't want the next five to go by so quickly. I had this plan to upload a newborn baby picture and a five year birthday picture, but the power cord for my computer stopped working and until my new one arrives, I can't access my pictures. Maybe it will just have to be part of his five year check-up blog post next week.
Aiden is my first baby and my so very grown-up boy. It's hard to believe it was five years ago that I was handed this tiny little boy and I cried because I wondered how on earth I was supposed to know what to do! We've definitely had some challenges along the way, but he's a sweet, caring, smart little guy and we love him more and more every day. He doesn't always want a hug or kiss at bedtime anymore and while it breaks my mommy heart a little, I know it's part of growing up.
He's gone from Thomas the Tank Engine to Lego Star Wars and Batman (although Thomas is still ok). His play is more complex, his thoughts are maturing, he's interests are broadening....he's turning into an older boy. He wants to know why bugs look like they do and what's inside them (which has involved many bugs being dissected on the back deck). He is very interested in circulation and how your veins, heart, muscles, and joints all work within the body. He asked me what cancer was the other day and how it related to smoking. He knows more about volcanoes than I do. He knows the absurdly long names for various dinosaurs. He's reading more words every day. He loves to draw. His brain is always going and we can't always keep up! He is uniquely Aiden.
We love you, little guy. Never stop exploring or wondering how something works. While we may get a little frustrated at the mess your exploration creates sometimes, we know it's helping you to learn. And believe it or not, we enjoy learning with you.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment