We're on day two after the great washing machine disaster of 2010. So far, cosmetically at least, the ceiling in the kitchen seems to be ok. We haven't checked the garage out super thoroughly yet, but it appears that the water didn't go into the central air system and just ended up draining off the side. I don't yet know how the power tools have fared and I personally haven't looked at the ceiling in the garage. Avoidance much? Maybe. I am about to tackle the rest of the laundry room as we finally have all the wet towels, sheets and blankets up off the floor and will be checking for any other damage that we might have missed so far. The carpet in the hallway is still damp.
Right now, I think the biggest concern is the insulation between the upstairs floor and the kitchen ceiling not drying out completely, causing mold to grow. In which case, we'd need to have someone rip everything out and replace it. I'm REALLY hoping that doesn't happen. So far, no claims need to be filed with our homeowners insurance, but they have been notified just in case something does come up in the future.
Thursday evening, we went to Lowe's to pick out a new washing machine. They had it installed in the laundry room by 11am the next morning and hauled the old one away for free. I am so relieved to have a brand new washer (that's a million times better than the old one!) so I can actually get laundry done.
The vacuum is still not working, but John will be tearing it apart today to see what's wrong. Today is a little rough as it's raining and the boys are bouncing off the walls. I have a ton of laundry to do after this past week and I'm preparing to have my dad stay with us starting Monday morning for almost a week. And I go back to work tomorrow morning. Things still feel a tad out of control, but I think the boys are contributing to that a lot.
Deep breath for the weekend and hopefully my first day back at work will go smoothly.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment