Tonight while taking a bath, totally out of the blue, Aiden started reading! We have tub letters that you can stick to the shower wall and I had put a few words together. He read "OFF", "BOAT", "FAN", and "CAT". Go Aiden!
If it hadn't been way past their bedtime, I would have continued with him to see how many words he could get, but we will have to leave that for later. He did have great fun reading to us at bedtime (mostly memory from his favorite books, but that's partly what encourages them, right?) and we will need to get it on video. It's really quite adorable.
School starts on September 8th and I can see this being a great year for him. Not only learning more through school, but I am very excited to help him with learning how to read more and more here at home.
I had been feeling lately that my little baby Aiden was getting all too big and while I'm proud of him, I was a little sad. But this new development is just another reminder that each and every age is full of excitement, wonder, and new discoveries. We look forward to seeing what age five has in store for him!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment