I have one week left at work. Four more shifts. Sixteen more hours. It's a little weird and I don't think it's hit me yet.
I called out for what was hopefully the last time this past weekend. Because of my neck and back, I woke up Saturday morning unable to move. I was a little better by Sunday, but was quite uncomfortable all day. I kept sitting down, then walking around, shifting my weight, trying to pad the back of whatever chair I was in...there was just not much relief. I felt ok today so I went into work, but it quickly started taking it's toll and I'm back to being constantly uncomfortable.
But I don't want to call out for any more shifts. I want to see as many of my coworkers as I can before I'm done. There's a going away party for one of my coworkers (she's transferring stores) on Sunday. I get to join in and make it a double going away party.
I don't know if the manager did this on purpose, but my very last shift is with the manager I followed from Payless. That will probably make my last shift a little more sad than I was hoping for, but I couldn't have asked for a better person to have with me on my last night there. I really have her to thank for getting me this job that treated me much better, paid me more, and gave me more time with my family.
This post probably doesn't mean much to most of you (it's my job after all, not yours), but I guess I needed to process by writing it all out. So one more week.....until they call me asking me to come back for Christmas. :^)
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment