Today at class, Aiden was bouncing around in the pool and ended up tripping. He went under for just a few seconds and was a little shocked initially, but shrugged it off pretty fast. After class, the teacher was worried that I had seen it and was upset, but I knew that Aiden is quite comfortable in water and could see that it hadn't bothered him in the least little bit. Once we were in the car, I asked him about it. He told me, "Well, it was kind of scary, but the water just went in my eyes a little bit. I'm sorry I couldn't call for the lifeguard to help me. I tried, but only bubbles came out". I giggled a little over that one. It did spark a small conversation about how his teacher is there to watch and help too and how it's really hard to talk under water.
This is proving to be a good thing for him. In just a few days, swimming has become part of everyday life to him. Maybe we have a future lifeguard in the family?



No comments:
Post a Comment