Warning: This is going to be a boo-hoo post.
Some days I feel beat up. Not literally of course, but I start to feel run down and worn out and like I just can't keep up. Like nothing is going my way. I don't like those days, but I would take them over how I feel now. I feel beat up. And this time I mean literally.
It all began on Sunday evening when I turned my head to look to the right and felt something wrench on the right side of my neck. Tylenol helps, but if I don't take it, it gets so bad that I can't turn my head. That's been affecting me all week, mostly causing me to be in too much pain to sleep.
Then on Monday, I was hit with a large block by a very crabby child (Nathan) right on my ankle bone. Immediate bruise.
On Tuesday, I was leaning down to tell Aiden something when he suddenly started bouncing up and down and ended up hitting my top lip with his hard little head. Hello fat, bloody lip.
On Wednesday, Aiden got mad at me because I wouldn't let him ride his bike in the middle of road, so he threw a cup at my head. It hit right on my eyebrow and wouldn't you know, that's kind of a sensitive spot. Bruise.
On Thursday (yesterday), I stubbed my right pinkie toe HARD, not only cutting it open, but also causing a small fracture. That poor toe has been fractured up into the double digits at this point (thank you ballet), so I'm sure I could lightly tap it at this point and it would shatter. It's not pretty.
Also yesterday, Nathan jumped on me while I was sitting on the floor in their room and however he did it, my neck was yanked to the side that's hurt already and I pulled some muscles in my back around my rib cage. Basically the entire right side of my body should be in a full cast right now. I was in so much pain last night, I was having trouble breathing.
Today, I was helping the boys cleanup their building blocks (and these are handmade, heavy wooden blocks) when I dropped a few on my left foot. My big toenail is only slightly crushed. In the shock of pain from the blocks dropping onto my foot, I was hopping around and stepped on a toy train. The underside of my right foot now has a small bruise.
Am I secretly being filmed? This seems like it should be some episode of some horrible sitcom. Can you even believe the injuries I have managed to get in the span of one week?? I'm ready to disappear to some empty padded room by myself. Not because I'm feeling mentally ill, but because that's obviously the ONLY way I'm going to keep from getting hurt!
Grumble grumble.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment