Last night, I completed my last shift at Coldwater Creek. It went by all too quickly. I was doing just fine until I was putting something away by the schedule board. I glanced at next week's schedule purely out of habit and realized that my name wasn't on it. That's when it hit. I felt like a total fool, but I cried. The manager on last night was the one that I followed from Payless. That made it way more emotional than it would have been otherwise. She gave me one of the biggest hugs I've had in a long time and made me promise that I would visit. It was a lot harder to leave than I ever thought it would be. Yes, it was just retail, but the people I worked with were some of the kindest, most caring, and supportive people I've ever met. They made the job enjoyable and I won't soon forget them.
After a bit of an emotional evening, I went to bed pretty exhausted. Around 4:30 this morning, I heard squealing and laughing coming from the boys' room. They were wide awake and playing!! I went in there and asked them what on earth they were doing. I told them that it was the middle of the night and everyone was asleep. Aiden looks at me with wide open eyes and belts out, "But we're not!". No kidding. They played for an hour and a half before falling asleep again, sleeping in until 10:30. Usually that would be fine, but we have to leave at 11 for Aiden's swim class. Needless to say, it was a rushed half an hour.
Before swim class started, we were waiting next to the pool for Aiden's teacher when Aiden saw some older kids swimming around completely under the water for long periods of time. He pointed them out to me and said, "Mommy, they're swimming like submarines! I want to swim like a submarine too!". I expected that he would probably give it a try during class, but I didn't expect him to fully do it on the first try! I actually started to get worried because he was under water so long. Nope, he's just that much of a fish now. He will proudly tell anyone who listens that he can open his eyes under water now too. His last class is tomorrow and they get to go down the big water slide, like they did at the end of the last class two weeks ago. We have pictures and video of last time and plan to get some more this time around. We can't wait to show off Aiden's new skills!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment