I have to start by saying that we love our apartment. It's beautiful, the management is great, the maintenance team is prompt and efficient, we have no complaints (the neighbor issue has gotten better). But we are having one slight problem with our reserved parking spot. People keep parking in it. It's not the same car every time and I have no idea who it is each time, or else I would definitely speak to them about it. As a resident with a covered, reserved space, we have the legal right to tow anyone who parks in our spot. I've wanted to do this quite a few times, but John has always talked me out of it, saying that we should give the person a warning (typically a written note reminding them that covered spots are reserved and could result in them getting towed) and then if they haven't moved in 24 hours, we call the towing company. The person has always been gone 24 hours later, so we hadn't towed anyone. And then....it happened again. And again. And again. And again. It happened tonight for the 5th time in about a month and that was the last straw.
It was a different car still, although I actually believe it was the same car as last weekend. So we had them towed. Part of me feels bad, because I know it's very costly to get your car back from the towing company (sorry again to Brady and Carrie for last January). But I have hit my limit. Our parking spot is already on the complete opposite side of the building from our apartment and I have two small children that I have to corral. I can't spend a bunch of time looking for an open uncovered space, that might be two or three times the distance away from our apartment as our normal spot. I'm so done with dealing with inconsiderate people!
I don't know if there are just that many rude people out there or if for some reason, our parking spot causes confusion. It's an end spot, that is next to two or three uncovered spots. I don't know if people assume that it's free for the taking, but it's pretty obvious that you're covered once you park. I guess I shouldn't waste my time trying to figure out why people can't just abide by the rules and leave my spot alone.
I am planning on speaking with the management and asking if we can either be assigned a different spot or could they PLEASE put up another towing sign, preferably right above our parking spot. I wish I could describe exactly how amazingly frustrating it is to come home and have a car sitting in your spot, YET AGAIN. I don't know if the management can or will do anything, but I really hope they do. Or I may just have to put up my own sign.
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



2 comments:
You should put "for sale" signs on those cars! Maybe they would get the point.
Or just get a big construction cone and put a "reserved" sign on it and place it at the end of your spot every time you back out.
Post a Comment