Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A story of coffee

John and I have been waking up rather exhausted lately and the mornings when I need to drive him to work seem to be even worse. This morning was no exception and even the boys seemed to be more tired than usual. I ended up dressing Nathan was he was still asleep, which is typical of a newborn, not an 8 month old!

So I drop John off at work and as I'm leaving, I see two Intel workers holding coffee cups from the espresso stand. I decide that it's a good morning to get some Starbucks for myself. I get myself to the drive-thru and Aiden yells, "Yay, coffee!!!". Let me pause here and assure all of you that I do NOT buy him coffee! :^)
The drive-thru was fairly busy and I decided to use that time to grab my wallet and have it ready. I reach into my purse and.....there's nothing. No wallet, no money. Not to mention no driver's license! Luckily, I was still far back in line and no one was behind me, so I could easily get out of the drive-thru. As I'm pulling away from the drive-thru, Aiden shrieks, "NO MOMMY! COFFEE!!!". I calmly tell him that I don't have any money with me and let's just hope that mommy doesn't get pulled over.

I drive out to the light and there's a cop right there. Of course. Now, logically, I know that if I just drive normally, I shouldn't get pulled over. But what if someone rear-ends me? All of this is running through my head as I sit at the light, but we make it through without incident.

I pull into our parking spot at home and go to get Aiden out. I open his door and he says, "But where's my coffee?". I love that I wasn't able to get the coffee I wanted and I have a small child who is determined to remind me of that for the rest of the day! :^D

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Please, just once can we give him coffee to see what would happen? Maybe it would have a reverse effect and he would pass out with exhaustion and you would have a nice quiet toddler-free day. =) One can dream (on your behalf), right?