
Aiden had a fantastic birthday on Friday! He celebrated turning three years old while spending time with family, opening fun presents, and eating yummy cake! This was the first year where he understood what happens on birthdays and he had a lot of fun singing 'Happy Birthday', blowing out the candles, and opening gifts. Whether or not he understood that it was HIS birthday is another thing, but I'm sure he'll have it all down next year.

He woke up on his birthday to find a new IKEA table and chair set waiting for him in the living room. He threw his arms in the air and yelled, "OH! What is that?? A TABLE!!". I wished him "Happy birthday Aiden!" and he responded with, "Happy birthday mommy!". At least he's polite!

After dinner, we headed to grandma's house to have a party!! We celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Laura and Kevin, Aunt Carrie Marie and Uncle Brady, Great Aunt Lorna and Great Uncle Price, Cousin Josiah, and Great Grandparents from both the Minthorne and Martin sides. A small gathering, but it was so very nice to have everyone together for the first time in quite a while.

Aiden received some very nice gifts from everyone and Nathan certainly had fun playing in the wrapping. He was also quite pleased to have so many people pay attention to him!
After most of the guests left, we stuck around for a little while to chat and let Aiden play with his new toys. We got home with two exhausted little boys that night!

It's hard to believe that it's been three years since Aiden entered our lives. I barely remember life without him and as I baked his birthday cake on Friday, I cried. He's so grown up - going to school and really beginning to have full conversations with me. Asking questions about the world around him and making observations about life. I'm sure when we watch him graduate and get married and start his own family, these days will feel like they just happened. But I know that time will come all too fast and so I'll enjoy his little Thomas the Tank Engine self with all of his tantrums, complaints, and fighting with his brother. I'm not sure I'll miss the potty training though. :^)
NOTE: Click on any photo to enlarge and if you click on the title of this post, it will open a full photo album of his birthday. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment