This morning we had checkups for both boys. Aiden's 3 year and Nathan's 9 month. It was an amazingly good appointment. The pediatrician spent a full hour with us and we discussed everything from sleep issues to behavior to potty training to discipline....I am so pleased that we switched doctors. Hannah, thanks so much for recommending him. He is a wonderful doctor.
Both kiddos got shots today. There aren't typically any shots for 9 month checkups, but Nathan is a little off the usual schedule from his previous pediatrician, so there was some catching up to do. Plus, they both got the flu shot, so that increased our total combined shots for the day to five. Yippee. Aiden cried more than Nathan did! Aiden didn't even flinch for his first shot, but he decided to watch her do the the 2nd one and that upset him greatly. Poor kid!
Aiden's stats for his 3 year checkup are as follows:
Weight: 34 lbs (72nd perc) - This is the exact same weight that he was a full year ago. He was just a real chub last year for still being in the 72nd percentile this year!
Height: 38 1/4 (64th perc)
Nathan's stats (We have a long, lean little boy!):
Birth:
Height: 20 1/2 inches
Weight: 7 lbs, 2 oz
9 months:
Height: 29 inches (67th perc)
Weight: 18 lbs, 15 oz (18th perc)
For a sleep update, our first night went better than I expected. He still woke up every 2 hours, but I didn't bring him into our bed until 3:30am. I was very ready to nurse him at that point! I know that as he sleeps in his own bed more and more, I won't need to nurse him as often and my nighttime milk supply will decrease. The only problem was that I couldn't relax enough to fall asleep until 1:30am! So I didn't get much time to sleep on my own before he needed to be nursed. Yesterday was a very emotionally draining day for me and I felt very tense as I tried to go to bed. Maybe tonight would be a great night for a long, hot bubble bath! I hope that by the end of the week, I will be able to post about great progress concerning bedtime!
Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Protein Balls
3 days ago



1 comment:
I'm so glad you like him. We really do too. I love that even if he is running late, he sits and talks to you like you are his only patient that day.
Good luck with the sleeping. I wish I could remember more what I did with Gracie, but I think some kids are just easier sleepers. My friend Amy is going through similar things right now too... you are definitely not alone on this one. We'll be praying for strength... and sleep. =)
Post a Comment