Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Engineers

It's a good thing John decided to take this term off from school, because everyone in the company received this email the other day:

"We have been cleared on nine new projects over the past week, so the relaxed workload of the past few weeks (Carrie's question: What relaxed workload??) will be turned into an extremely busy workload for the next 2-3 months (Carrie's thought: Goodbye, husband!). Please plan your schedules accordingly (Carrie's interpretation: Bring sleeping bags and toothbrushes.)."

On top of that, John was given an extra job (about 16 hours worth) of data entry work that he gets to bring home with him. I am happy that he gets to bring it home, so it will slightly minimize the extra time spent in the office. Plus, it's extra $$ that we could really use now that it's become very apparent that we need a 2nd car.

As much as I'm not looking forward to losing my husband for 2-3 months (no joke; we're talking very real 12 hour work days), I am extremely thankful that he's in a line of work that isn't being affected one bit by the economy. And now I'm off to do a recovery attempt on my home, since one day of being sick meant my sons turned into wrecking balls for the occasion.

No comments: