Aiden's first day of school was a very busy one. We had to take John to work so I could go pick up some jackets from a lady in Sherwood, then Aiden got carsick on the way home from Sherwood and projectile vomited all over the backseat. Being the nice big brother that he is, he turned himself away from the baby. We came home and changed him into a 2nd set of school clothes, got his school supplies together, and drove back to pick John up. John's been working half days on Wednesdays and this worked out great for him being there for Aiden's first day.
We arrived at the school about 5 minutes before his class was scheduled to start and there were already some kids in there, coloring and playing. Aiden went right in to play with the train set and didn't look back to see if we were hanging around. I signed him in and put all of his supplies in the designated bins, and then tried to get a few pictures while my child ignored me.
Every single parent was just sitting there, hovering over their child, and so John and I stayed for about 20 minutes. I finally decided that there was no point to staying any longer, as Aiden had barely looked at us since we came in the door. So we said goodbye and headed out, confident that Aiden wouldn't even notice that we were gone. John and I had some things to discuss and we were hungry, so we took the opportunity to go out to lunch.
We had a yummy lunch at Chevy's (if you ever go there for lunch, their lunch duos are amazing! Especially their chicken quesadilla!) and then popped over to Target for a few things. We went back to Aiden's school, but we were still a full half hour early, so we just sat in the car. I found a shady spot to park and John snoozed while I nursed the baby.
Around 3:30, we headed in to find the class all playing outside in the sandbox. This school has an amazing playground for the kids and Aiden was thoroughly enjoying himself. Aiden had gotten quite red in the face from the warm sun, but seemed very pleased with the day. He didn't want to leave. But John had a dentist appointment, so we had to head out.
We had a yummy lunch at Chevy's (if you ever go there for lunch, their lunch duos are amazing! Especially their chicken quesadilla!) and then popped over to Target for a few things. We went back to Aiden's school, but we were still a full half hour early, so we just sat in the car. I found a shady spot to park and John snoozed while I nursed the baby.
Around 3:30, we headed in to find the class all playing outside in the sandbox. This school has an amazing playground for the kids and Aiden was thoroughly enjoying himself. Aiden had gotten quite red in the face from the warm sun, but seemed very pleased with the day. He didn't want to leave. But John had a dentist appointment, so we had to head out.
We finished off our incredibly full day with a trip to Fred Meyer to pick up some salad and strawberries, a visit to the library to get some original Rocky and Bullwinkle cartoons, and then lots of snacking on the couch while watching the season premiere of Bones (my favorite show). We were all thoroughly worn out and while I was able to get John out of bed to get to work on time, the boys and I slept in until 10:30 this morning. Aiden's next day of school is Monday and I think he's looking forward to it already!



1 comment:
He is so stinking cute!! We have a same backpack for Jack. I guess that great monds think alike!
Post a Comment